Take Your Yoga Journey to the Next Level
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training provides a strong foundation in yoga philosophy,anatomy and yoga methods
Who are Teacher Training course for?
Yoga teachers intending to deepen their practice
Are you a current yoga teacher looking to deepen your practice? Through our yoga teacher training course you will acquire new skills, knowledge and confidence to take your teaching to the next level. Even experienced yoga teachers will still benefit from expanding their depth of knowledge and challenging their current practice, leaving with a new depth of understanding and valuable new skills to take home to their students.
Yogis aspiring to be yoga teachers
Yoga teacher training is ideal for currently practicing yogis who aspire to take the next step. The transition from student to teacher is a valuable and rewarding journey, and this is the ideal way to take that first step. Through a supportive and educational environment we will take you through the necessary training and practice to begin teaching the yoga that you love.
Yoga students seeking in depth knowledge
Taking on a month of in-depth yoga teacher training isn’t just for aspiring teachers. Enthusiastic yoga students who are seeking a deeper knowledge of yoga will benefit greatly from this immersive yoga experience. Even if you do not wish to become a teacher afterward, this is still an excellent way to deepen your own yogic practices and improve your knowledge.
Anyone hoping to learn from experts in yogic traditions
Even with little to no yoga experience, you will still be warmly welcomed to join us and learn from yoga experts. This program is an excellent way to discover the traditions, knowledge and benefits of yoga from experienced yoga teachers in the city where yoga was born. We welcome anybody who wants to come and learn the yogic tradition from our expert teachers.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
Our one-month residential yoga teacher training (YTT) courses registered with yoga alliance at 200-hour level held on our lush garden grounds at Raj Yoga Rishikesh. Our courses are suitable for all skills levels ranging from beginners through to more advanced yoga practitioners.You will have the opportunity to learn with gifted and highly skilled yoga teachers who are certified and experienced to teach in teacher training courses.
Individual attention will be given at every opportunity to assist and develop our students, and you will feel confident and knowledgeable as a yoga teacher by the time you finish.Yoga teacher training can be an intense journey for those who undertake it, both professionally and personally. But with our support and guidance the journey will be satisfying and immensely rewarding.
Our training school has met the the standards and guidelines as set out by the Yoga Alliance, giving you the necessary credentials to register with the Yoga Alliance as a ‘Registered Yoga Teacher’ RYT as a sign of quality training.
- 200-hour certification course
- Course manuals
- Fully furnished private room at Raj Resort
- 3 healthy and delicious vegetarian meals per day
- 2 Sunday excursions
- Evening music/discussion programs
- Jal neti pot
- Wi-Fi internet access
- 06:00 am - Wake Up
- 06:30 am - Herbal Tea
- 06:45 am - Shatkarma/Yogic cleansing
- 07:00 am - Pranayama and Chanting
- 08:00 am - Hatha Yoga
- 09:30 am - Breakfast
- 10:30 am - Yoga Philosophy
- 12:30 pm - Lunch + Break
- 03:30 pm - Yoga Anatomy
- 05:00 pm - Vinyasa Yoga
- 07:00 pm - Pranayama| Meditation
- 07:30 pm - Dinner
200-Hour YTT Curriculam
Hatha Yoga and practice
- Asanas: Detailed explanation and practice of Asanas from Hatha yoga. The Asanas are explained in detail to understand their physical, psychological and spiritual aspects.
- Pranayamas: All the major 6 pranayama’s and their detailed role in human conscious development. You will also learn Prana, upa prana and Tejas.
- Bandhas and Mudras: All the major Mudras. Bandhas include: Application of Uddiyana, Moolabandha, and Jalandhara Bandha.
- Shatkarmas: The cleaning techniques from Hatha Yoga and Gherand Samhita are taught to bring graceful effects of yoga. The Shatkarmas included are Neti, Kunjal, Nauli, Kapalabhatti and Trataka.
Yoga Philosophy and Hatha Yoga studies:
- The six schools of Indian philosophy (Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Samkhya, Yoga, Purva Mimamsa and Vedanta )
- Patanjali yoga sutra.
- The rich history and evolution of yoga and yogic practices.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Movement and Postures
- Technical analysis
- Sight and touch
- Physiology of stretching
- Important anatomy for yoga
Yoga Therapy and diet
- Common diseases and yoga effectiveness including the basic 8 common ailments.
- Introduction to ayurveda, prakriti, tri doshas, vata, pitta and kapha, sapta dhatus and up dhatus
- Yoga diet, rituals of eating, qualities of foods, six tastes, six seasons and effect on doshas. The common ailments and their cure are discussed.
Yoga Physiology and Psychology
- Yoga physiology, chakras & nadis
- Kundalini and the hazards of wrongful activation
Mantra and meditation
- Yoga Nidra, mantras and form of mediation.
Teaching methodology and self-practice
- Art of adjustments
- Special and latest developments in adjustments
- Art of designing the group and individual classes
- Class psychology
- Grounding the class
- low and vinyasa methodology