Surya Namaskara B extends the flow of first sun salutation A. Here we continue the Ashtanga Yoga practice with five repetitions, each consisting of 19 movements. The sequence can be used in preparation for other postures heating up and stretching the body, bringing the connection between movement and breath.
When you practice a Sun Salutation, you inhale to extend, and exhale to bend. - Conect Breath with Movement
SURYA NAMASKAR B:STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Begin in Tadasana (Mountain pose), feet either together or hip width distance, hands by your side.
2. Inhale, Bend your knees to lower your hips into Utkatasana (Chair Pose) and then raise your arms out to the sides and gaze to your hands.
3. Exhale, release your hands to your sides and bend forward, then place the hands onto the floor into Uttanasana (Standing Forword Bend ).
4. Inhale, lift your head and straighten the spine to come to Ardha Uttanasana (Half Forward Bend Pose).
5. Exhale, firmly ground your hands onto the floor and then jump back with bent elbows into Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose)
6. Inhale, roll onto the tops of your feet, roll the shoulders back and down to Urdhva Mukka Svanasana (Upward Facing Dog Pose) knees and thighs lifted. If Urdhva Mukka Svanasana is hard for you, simply lift up into Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose),thighs and knees remain on the ground.
7. Exhale, press back into Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose). Raise your buttocks high, palms press into the floor, shoulder firm down towards tailbone, heels press towards the ground.
8. Inhale, bring your right foot forward, left heel turned inward to Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I Pose). Arms are lifted, right knee bent at 90 degree angle, left leg straight with back foot pressed into floor, hips facing front.
9. Exhale back to Chaturanga Dandasana.
10. Inhale back to Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (or Bhujangasana).
11. Exhale back to Adho Mukha Svanasana.
12. Inhale, bring your left foot forward, right heel turned inward to Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I Pose). Arms are lifted, left knee bent at 90 degree angle, right leg straight with back foot pressed into floor, hips facing front.
13. Exhale back to Chaturanga Dandasana.
14. Inhale back to Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (or Bhujangasana).
15. Exhale back to Adho Mukha Svanasana.
16. Inhale, walk or jump your the feet to the front of the mat raising into Ardha Uttanasana.
17. Exhale, release to Uttanasana.
18. Inhale reaching both arms up and Bend your knees to lower your hips into Utkatasana (Chair Pose).
19. Exhale the arms back down to Tadasana.image credit @YJ