Uttanasana will stretch your hamstrings and calm your mind Uttanasana can be used as a resting position between the standing poses. It can also be practiced as a pose in itself.
STANDING FORWARD BEND: INSTRUCTIONS
- 1.Stand in Tadasana at the top of your mat, Inhale place your hands on your hips,and pull your kneecaps backward.
- 2.Exhale and bend forward from the hip joints, keeping your legs fully stretched, Feel the stretch on the backs of your knees and hamstrings. As you descend Keep lengthening the front torso and move fully into the position.
- 3.Place your finger tips or palms to the floor slightly in front of you. With each inhalation , slightly lift and lengthen the front torso, and then release a little fuller into the bend with each exhale. Keeping your neck soft, let your head hang loo Stay in the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 4.When u come out of the pose , Don?ft roll the spine to come up, bring your hands back to your hips, engage your core and the press your tailbone down, lengthening your torso as you come up to Tadasana on an inhalation.
To increase the stretch in the backs of your legs, bend your knees slightly.
STANDING FORWARD BEND BENEFITS
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips